The first things I did in Deutschland –
1) My first real German meal… and it was delicious.
Then I ate this cuteness for breakfast. What a proper breakfast!
2) I had a lovely bike ride through the North German countryside (26 k in total) with H’s parents while he studied for finals.
3) I went to a farm house cafe, where they sell hand made soaps, organic meat and eggs, and other fun stuff.
They sold the handmade items in this new building – well new for European standards (since everything is amazing and more than 400 years old it seems like…)
4) I went to a tropical beach – believe it or not this is part of the North Sea! They import the white sand and put planter stands of palm trees and tiki huts everywhere, and it totally looks hot and tropical. In the summer, it is the place to be with a shoreline bar, floating restaurant, wakeboard jumps, and beach volleyball courts. Crazy.
5) I got excited for summer with the blond Germans…
More adventures to come!